1. Can you think of more emotional adjectives not listed above?

2. What makes you frustrated?

3. What makes you nervous? What do you do to calm your nerves?

4. What are you afraid of?

5. How did you feel when you first arrived in the UK? How are you feeling now?




How do you feel in these situations?


1. My friend gave me a present today! _____________________

2. My cat died. ______________________

3. There is a spider in my bedroom! _____________________

4. I have a big exam tomorrow. I don’t know anything! ________________

5. My parents are visiting me next week! ___________________________

6. It rains all week. _____________________

7. My printer keeps breaking down! ___________________________

8. I wore the wrong shoes to work. ___________________________

9. Someone scratched my car! ___________________________

10. I have nothing to do in the holidays. ___________________________

11. I have not slept well for two nights. ___________________________

12. I’m lost in the city. I don’t know where I am. ____________________

13. I need to sing a song in front of many people. __________________

14. The driving test was very easy. ___________________________

15. I don’t like to talk to people in a party. _______________________

 

Discussion Questions (Advanced level)

1.           Do people know how you feel by looking at your face? Are you good at hiding your emotions?

2.           What are you worried about? What do you do when you are worried?

3.           Who do you usually share your feelings with?

4.           Do you think people from different cultures express their feelings differently?

5.           What is emotional intelligence? Is it important? How emotionally intelligent are you?

6.           Are women more emotional than men? Or is that just a stereotype?

7.           Do you deal with emotions the same way as your parents do?





Phrasal Verbs related to emotions

Do you know the meaning of these phrasal verbs?

1. Crack up

2. Calm down

3. Lash out at

4. Fed up with

5. Bottle up

6. Lighten up

7. Freak out

8. Let down