What do these words mean?

1. Stressed out / burnout

2. Stressors

3. To destress
Stressors / Stressful situations

 

Which ones are the biggest stressors to you?

A. Stuck in traffic

B. Assignment deadlines / examination

C. Job interview

D. Sick children

E. Confrontation and conflicts with people

F. The car broke down

G. A demanding boss

H. The in-laws

I. Broken relationships

Can you think of any more?



Idioms related to stress

1. I’m on edge

2. I have too much on my plate

3. I try to put my feet up

4. I’m at the end of my rope / I’m up to my neck

5. (Something/Someone) really gets on my nerves



Discussion

1. What is causing stress in your life lately? What happened?

2. Is life in the UK more stressful than back in your home country? What are the different ways life in the UK can be stressful?

3. What are the signs that a person is too stressed?

4. What are the common healthy ways of destressing? What are the common unhealthy ways?

5. How do you cope with stress? Share some of your destressing methods!